Sunday, May 27, 2012

Another Friday the 13th!



I have not posted in a long time because I had this little distraction called Getting My Bachelor's Degree, but now I'm back (translated: no homework until next semester)!! But I did have a super duper day in April; in case you don't remember, there was a Friday the 13th in April, and you know what that means...

Yes!! A Friday the 13th! One of my Lucky Days!
So now I will blog about my wonderful day on Friday, April the 13th. From now on I will be sure to document all my Friday the 13ths or maybe only post a blog on Friday the 13ths....unless something really cool happens, or I just feel like posting a cute pic of my adorable grandchildren.... (insert cute pic here)

Anyway,

My day went something like this:

1. No school today but I had to be in court at 8am. Not fun. I'm not even going to post a pic or say more about that. I will say that I do not like courtrooms.

2. It started to rain. Plus it was a 6-mile run day. Since Hector, Marcus, and I are training for our annual half marathon in June, we had a schedule to keep. And Friday the 13th was the Six Mile Day. Hector had to work, so Marcus and I went out and did it. It didn't occur to me that I would be documenting this day, so I didn't take any pics. But we ran on one of my favorite trails, Euclid Avenue in Upland, which normally looks something like this:



Except minus the grass. It is such a beautiful run, even without grass and even in the rain.
Now picture me running in the rain....looking something like this:

Ok, so I probably looked more like this:



 
Anyway, Marcus and I ran our little hearts out and our little legs off. I know 6 miles is nothing to some of my Amazing Ultra Marathon Runner Friends, but it was not super easy. And Marcus is quite fast, but he stayed with me for most of the run, so I appreciate his pity.



3. After the refreshing run, I took a shower and got ready for the part of the day that made it, you know,

Friday the 13th-ish! The Fun! The Highlight of the day! Un jour heureux! Pura alegría! Замечательно!

I drove to Los Angeles to meet my dear friend since kindergarten, Diana. The rain had subsided by then, so the drive wasn't bad. And for the first time, I went to the office where she works. It is in downtown L.A., and her company must make a gazillion dollars a year, because it was beautiful.

Anyway, I was Diana's guest to..........
The Laker Game!!
We had dinner at LA Live (yummy!) and then we took our seats at the Laker game.
If you remember, Kobe did not play due to a bruised shin (whatever!), but it was still a great game.
  
Here we are, each of us, courtside, before the game:
Here's some pics I took of Kobe and the bunch.

Seriously, Kobe, it would have been nice if you had played.  But you still looked nice in your suit.

And now for a few shots of my favorite Laker...El Guapo, Mi Novio, El Hombre:


 Look at the concentration as he focuses on the next rebound....

 






He had a super awesome game.  I don't know what his stats were, but I'm sure they were good. Probably like a Triple Double or something.











This is definitely my favorite shot, if you know what I mean. (Hector said I could say that so it's ok.)

Wait a minute! This post started out as a documentation of my super-terrific Friday the 13th, and it ended up being some sort of Cougar-type homage to Pau Gasol. Not sure how that happened. Sorry.

But the moral of the story is, it was a great day!! All my Friday the 13ths are!! 
I am sooo looking forward to July......





 P.S. 
Yesterday I graduated from the University of La Verne with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Social Science, Magna Cum Laude. It was a bigger deal than I thought it would be.
If you do Instagram, I posted a pic of what it looked like to graduate, from my perspective. 

Here's a pic with my mom, after the ceremony:
And here are the men in my life that I love, love, love:
And my two best girlfriends, who are extremely smart:


So that's it! Now I am a college grad. Thank you, awesome family, dear friends, inspiring co-workers, and dedicated professors, for being there every step of the way. It took much longer than it should have, but it's done! As Camille put it, "lots of people go to college for 20 years.  They're called doctors." ha ha.


 


No comments: